Friday, September 19, 2014

September 2014


The Clamouring.

 

Turn off the T.V. Show me no war.

Silence the ‘phone. I won’t talk any more.

Tell me no sad thing which makes my heart break.

Shut down the ‘talk-back.’  It all seems so fake.

 

Minds sliding down through tunnels of voices.

Scream out in anguish at terrible choices.

Dreading a world wracked and swimming in sadness.

Clawing and reaching, to bind all in madness.

 

We try to recapture the solace we knew.

The arc of our dreaming we once secretly flew.

To gaze through the sunlight and crystalline air.

And look back in wonder at earth, and just stare.

 

I’m sorry my child this is what we have left you.

I’m sorry my child there is little we’ve kept you.

There were wonders so great, we trampled them all.

 Sights so exquisite; forests thick, lush and tall.

 

I’m sorry my child, I’ll try to describe;

 The world as it once was and seek not to hide.

The avarice and malice which took it away

And stopped the birds singing, first thing every day.

 

 Elizabeth M Thompson 2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

 

 

 

No comments: